Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hunter Working To Gain Traction In Iowa

If nothing else, U.S. Rep., Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., believes in what he's selling. An admirer of Theodore Roosevelt, Hunter thinks that in his nationalistic themes, the Bull Moose might find a lot to like.

Hunter is one of the longest of long shots for the presidency, with Iowa and national polls showing him in the low single digits. He seems undeterred, out working whatever angles he can on a threadbare campaign budget. PoliticsIowa sat down with Hunter Saturday at the Drake Diner, his unofficial office away from the office in Iowa, just as wildfires continued to rage through his San Diego district.

First, I wanted to ask you about the wildfires and your personal experience with them.

"Well you know, this was interesting. I was walking up toward the [Republican debate] stage in Orlando last Sunday when my cell phone rang, which I still had in my pocket. And one of my guys said, ‘bad news, San Diego is on fire, and your place is being evacuated.' My wife and I had just rebuilt after the last wildfire, got our house four years ago, and we just got the permit to move back into the rebuild. We'd never spent a night in it until Wednesday."

(excerpt...see http://campaignsandelections.com/IA/articles/?ID=877)

Duncan Hunter is giving us all he has to fight for a conservative America. He can only move up in the polls with your help!

No comments: